Texturable’s products are made with special care, here we tell you how you can also take care of them so they stay with you for many years.
How to wash TEXTURABLE’S products?
Items must be hand washed.
Woolen products don’t need to be washed regularly.
They can recover their initial characteristics by absorbing steam, thus, you can just leave them in the bathroom while you have a hot shower.
Be aware that if you washed your item incorrectly it can be permanently ruined
Even though you follow our washing instructions, colors might fade with time because items are dyed with natural products.
How to hand wash our products?
- Fill a suitable container with cold or warm water (30°C/86°F max.).
- Add neutral or wool soap.
- Dip in the item and let it soak for approximately 10 minutes.
- Lay the item on a flat surface and shape it as desired. Washing might have caused the item to reversibly lose its original shape.
- Smooth down the item to remove wrinkles and folds.
- Let it dry naturally in a ventilated or open area.
What to avoid to better care for our products?
X Soaking the item for more than 10 minutes
X Rubbing or scrubbing the fabric
X Excessive squeezing or wringing out
X Leaving the item wet without being properly placed for its drying
X Exposing the item to direct sun light or other source of heat
How to store our products?
- Make sure your item is clean and completely dry before saving it
- Store it in plastic, air tight containers without removing all the air which can cause the item to wrinkle
- Store it in a dry and fresh place
To protect from clothes moth you can use specific anti-moth products avoiding direct contact with your item. Bay leaves and lavender can be used instead of the usual toxic chemical anti-moth products.
How to iron our products?
- Set you iron in ‘wool’ mode.
- Place your item on a flat surface and make sure it has the desired shape and size.
- Sprinkle some water on top or use a steam iron.
- Don’t press the iron too much on the item
- After ironing leave the item on a flat surface for about 5 minutes before folding.
- Don’t use starch or fabric softeners.
How to recover the lost original shape of your item?
- Place your item in a container with warm water (30°C/86°F max.) and a pinch of neutral detergent or shampoo.
- Make sure the item gets completely soaked
- Wring out the item gently with your hands
- Smooth down the item on a flat surface
- Shape the item until it takes the desired shape and size
- Let the item dry completely in that position
It can be removed by hand; with small, sharp scissors or using a pill remover.
How to remove stains from our products?
Stains should be treated as soon as possible.
Never apply heat on a stain
- Remove all the solids from the fabric
- Use a clean cloth to absorb the liquid from the stain, press gently starting from the edges and moving to the center. Don’t rub the stain.
- If the stain persists, wet it slightly with warm water and repeat the previous process
How to fix a snagged thread?
Use a tool with a blunt point to push the thread back to the inside of the garment. If it is too long you can weave it back again. If the snugged thread is causing the fabric to pucker, identify in what direction the loose thread runs and gently pull the fabric in the same direction to make the thread go back to its original place.
How to vacuum our rugs?
You should vacuum the rug following its texture. Move the nozzle gently and using a low power suction. We recommend vacuuming both sides of the rug.
All our hand-woven products such as ponchos, shawls, blankets and rugs are subjected to minimal size variations due to its crafted way of production. Each yarn and weave are a unique creation of the people involved in its process and production. Our variations are never more than 4% of the total size of the product.